Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jetsam


Jetsam
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Various denizens of the kitchen (current and former).
Origin: Also various.
How long kept/Usage: See confession.
Why kept: Ditto on the variety, but mostly, Out of Sight Out of Mind (they were in kitchen cabinets) and I Might Need Them.
Destination: Housing Works.

Confession: Wine glasses, I probably bought the set in the mid-90s, and have picked them off one at a time. I really loved them, but I only had two left, and have since collected a slightly ragtag assembly of not-quite matching but nice glasses, none enough for a full set. I decided to see which set can actually be completed, and I'll release the rest.

Why, in the last weeks of my employment at a soon-to-be-defunct firm, did I take the corporate logo mug offered by our exec assistant -- she had found an unopened box of them as we packed to leave.  Should Have Said, "No." Aargh.

I'm particularly proud of the silverware sorter. In the spring, I repurposed my kitchen "junk" drawer, which now holds towels and napkins...the contents have been moved or blogged. But I kept this for probably 2 months: It Might Be Useful. Once I noticed I was moving it around, I resolved to release it...

Bonus:  This went over in one of the many shopping bags in my "bag of bags" collection that is slowly being blogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment