Monday, June 21, 2010

Guest Post: bum (sugar) rush is for the birds

"Hummingbird food, bought around 4 years ago along with a feeder. It never attracted them (possibly because I didn't clean the feeder enough...ever?) Meanwhile, I have a wild digitalis (foxglove) that now draws the amazing little birds--and it's pale yellow, so go figure! Once it's gone, they are too. So I brought this up out of the basement to try again in the feeder now that they know to come Chez Sharon. I googled to see what the proportions are (because of course I threw out the instructions) and learned that this crap is worse than Kool-aid. Into the garbage, while I boiled up some sugar water with organic cane sugar. Now I'm sitting on the deck, waiting, watching..."

"S", when "M" reads this, I'm sure she'll start humming "Tuppence a Bag"; The Boy loves Mary Poppins. (It was one of my favorites, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment