Saturday, June 26, 2010

Clearly, I'm Blocking


Clearly, I'm Blocking
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: A practically empty tube of, wait for it, sunblock.
Origin: Vanity.
How long kept: Hmmm. I'm guessing a couple of years, see confession.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind. (See confession.)
Destination: Trash.

Confession: I last tried this sunblock probably 3 years ago.   I found it in a travel ziplock bag that had slid to the back corner of my bathroom linen cabinet. So it was Out of Sight, Out of MInd.

It's a pretty orderly cabinet, but clearly due to have everything removed and evaluated for blogging.

Aargh.   So many posts about sunblock.   Interesting.   "M", is it possible that all of our extraneous sunblock is finally gone from our respective households?   (I notice that up in Beacon, "S" has only had to release one bottle; clearly she's a more mindful consumer of sun protection products.)

And I can answer my own prior question in the negative, as I know that there are bottles of sunblock at a lake house that must be released.

I've learned the lesson with food items:   the "extra savings" I get from buying a gigantor bottle of canola oil evaporate into the ether when I can't use it all before it goes bad.   Clearly, the same is true of beauty products.   Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment