Monday, September 20, 2010

Fashion Hazzard

What: In every way inappropriate sundress.
Origin: Fashion experimentation.
How long kept: Since mid-summer 2009.
Usage: I think I wore this once this past spring.
Why kept: I might channel Daisy Duke again,  thus I Might Need It. It's Perfectly Good. It Might Be Useful.
Destination: Housing Works.

Confession: Last summer, I worked on a neighbor's campaign for city-wide office. It was hot out, and we went all over our district so that he could shake people's hands and we could hand out flyers.  Some neighborhoods seemed to call for more casual wear than others, and it was often beastly hot.  Looking for a sun-dressy-tunic I could wear with leggings last summer, I'm embarrassed to say that I bought this, probably for $9.99, at Forever 21. 

I haven't been 21 in, um, forever.

Confession, part deux: You can't really tell, despite my crack photography skills, but there's a sash around the bodice. Even with a bottom layer of a tank and leggings, I looked like Daisy Duke in this.

Confession, continued:   My yoga community is a maelstrom of peer pressure to make age-inappropriate clothing choices.   In my business life, it's challenging in a different way.  

2 comments:

  1. ha-ha...great heading! I thought yoga-dressing was its own category. Yoga pants, top...ageless, right? I guess I am out of the lulu lemon loop. Do lollipops come with the purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's the social wear that branches out from the yoga clothing that veers off into dangerous territory. On so many levels.

    And specifically, age-inappropriate clothing -- another one of those things that fits another one of my rules: "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

    From here, my lips are sealed.

    ReplyDelete