Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"S" is for Sister

What:  Fun mystery novels.
Origin:  Airplane reading.
How long kept:  Uh, probably 10+ years.   I believe that one of these was passed along to me for the flight back from an Asia trip, by a fellow traveler who had read it on the way over.   That would have been 1999.
Usage:  Yes, but not in this century.
Why kept:  Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   And, I might find myself without reading matter and thus Might Need It.
Destination:  To "M".  She mentioned having been up with The Kid in the middle of the night one night, reading another fun Sue Grafton tale, "G" is for Gumshoe.  I was going be visiting "M" a few days hence, and I asked her if she wanted them.   She did.   (And she knows that she can Freecycle them or drop them at the library when she's done.)

Confession:  I also gave "M" a bottle of Off Botanical, one of the fruits of the insect repellent purge.   It looks significantly less toxic than some of the more repellent repellents, and I invite her to dispose of it if it's too toxic for The Boy and The Kid.  

Bonus:  On the ride to the airport for my trip back to NYC, my dad and I stopped at the public library in my folks' Chicagoland community.   We dropped a good sized shopping bag of unloved books for their book sale/giveaway room.   Way to go, Mom and Dad!   (Not just the books, but now that my shopping bag stash is gone, look out friends and family:   your shopping bags are not safe around me!)

My dad and I also removed a couple of good sized empty boxes out of his attic.   Destination:  recycling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment