Friday, September 17, 2010

Off (With) These Rags


Off (With) These Rags
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Clean, but worn out, rags.
Origin: Kelly green ambitions.
How long kept: Hmmm. See confession.
Usage: Quite recently.
Why kept: Why, They Might Be Useful! I Might Need Them.
Destination: Textile Recycling.

Confession: I don't use paper towel or other paper products too frequently, or even keep them my apartment.   Instead, old t-shirts, towels and other items get repurposed.

Some of these are pieces of formerly baby-blue, formerly pajamas that were hand-me-downs from my much taller sister, "K". I loved the pajama pants, despite their toobigness, maybe because of it. How long kept? I think that I converted these from their pajama state in the late 90s, when I had worn them beyond wearable.

They later became white, and then holey, because of my guilty not-so-green secret...I use bleach for some cleaning tasks. (And vinegar and earthier products for others...) Sigh.

After washing them earlier this morning, I found that I could pull them apart with less force than it would take to open an envelope. Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment