Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Green Cred


Green Cred
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Well aged cloth napkins.
Origin: I broke up with most household paper products in the early 90s. (About when I bought these...)
Last used: Within the last couple of weeks. See confession.
Why kept: They're Perfectly Good. Kind of. See confession.
Destination: Textile recycling of some ilk, see confession.

Confession: Casual cloth napkins weren't so easy to find in the early 90s, and I recall scoring these on deep discount in a mail order catalogue, back before it seemed possible to stem the flow of that time suck! I loved them, many of which are now too stained and/or worn to be put out for guests.

When I left on vacation, I put these in my suitcase. (Thus they are out of my house, albeit still in the bottom of my suitcase at this moment.) My thought was to repurpose them into something else...we'll see what happens to them in the next few days.

(I feel the siren's call of the tote bag, along with the possibility of Good Crafting Intentions that could go either way.   It's either that, or off to textile recycling somewhere in the Midwest. They will not be toted back to NYC.)

No comments:

Post a Comment