Sunday, September 19, 2010

More Ephemera


Aha!
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Business book.
Origin: Review copy I received from a publisher.
How long kept: 3 years?
Why kept: I might read it, and there for It Might Be Useful.
Destination: Housing Works.

Confession: "Seth" is a minor god on the internet. Bloggers fawn over him...obsequiously. "Seth commented on my post!" There's a certain sort of fanboy energy to this fawning that disturbs me a little bit. (Especially when I see someone I know bowing down to Seth in this way.)

This made me very resistant to his work. I tried reading this one twice, and opened it up again one more time before deciding to dispatch it.

(He wrote a very good, very slim volume called "The Dip", which is about when to quit a project or effort.)

Confession, part deux: There are several other business books on my shelves that should go. Business books are generally about a point in time. Sometimes the moment is gone almost as soon as the books hit the shelves...this is why I've sworn off purchasing these. If I can't get it at the library, I'm going to read it on a Kindle, where at least I won't pay rent to store it.

No comments:

Post a Comment