Saturday, September 18, 2010

Flame Thrower


Flame Thrower
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Various candles.
Origin: "M" is not the only one with a candle problem. If I may defend myself, I believe that all were gifts. (Some probably from "M.")
How long kept: At least 10 years.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind...and you can see that they were in a storage box. Storage Boxes Are Evil.
Destination: Goodwill.

Confession: These went to Goodwill with a large brand-new gift box filled with ivory candles of all shapes and sizes, a gift from my former sister-in law.    It must have weighed 15 pounds.   Minimum.  They Were a Gift From...and darn it, They Might Be Useful!

The women accepting donations at Goodwill looked at me incredulously. My mom is my witness.

Confession, part deux: I wanted to make some grand gesture today to honor the Two Buck or I Chuck tag sale... oh well.

Hope it went well, "S"!

4 comments:

  1. I purged some of those "stained glass" candles! We have the stay stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you probably purged some of them to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a grand gesture that was! I am so exhausted from my weekend activity, that I think I'll go light a candle and meditate on the new energy flow I am detecting around here :)

    ReplyDelete