Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Trading This In For A No-Wheeler

What: Buddhist magazine.
Origin: Dharmic desire.  (Heh heh.)
How long kept: About 3 days.
Why kept: See confession.
Usage: I read through a good part of it, see confession. (And it had a recipe in it! WTH? I made it, sweet potato stuffed with a black bean concoction.)
Destination: I met with a group of meditation instructors last night, and I gave it to one of them.

Confession: There's a Buddhist thing about "dharma trash." You're not supposed to toss images and prayers. Technically, as I understand it, they're meant to be burned. An authority I trust has told me that shredding is an acceptable alternative.

I don't buy these magazines often, partly because I want to circumvent the desire to keep them "forever." Not just because of the disposal issue -- I have a shredder and know how to use it -- but because I think I might refer back to them for some wisdom.   They Might Be Useful.

Confession, part deux: I haven't read Tricycle in a while. This issue annoyed me, so I didn't read it as thoroughly as I might have. I'll leave it at that. 

I didn't pass my annoyance along to my colleague, she was glad to receive the magazine. (And she is hip to the disposal issue...)

No comments:

Post a Comment