Monday, September 13, 2010

Parking This Paisley


Parking This Paisley
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Paisley capris
Origin: Capri mania, circa 2006 (?)
How long kept/Last used: I think I got them in '06. Maybe '05. I wore them in August.
Why kept: They're Perfectly Good.
Destination: Vietnam Veterans.

Confession: I thought I had posted these a while ago.

Confession, part deux: While these really are Perfectly Good, they had a soccer mom high waist that did not comport with my sense of style, however limited it may be.  Even though I usually wore them with a long top and nobody else could tell...I could.

When I arrived at my vacation destination, I found that I had only brought capris. I think I have to get over the capri thing. (Which, given my lack of attention to what is actually in style, may already be long over. Oops.)

Confession, part three: These high-waisted high waters had one short little leg out the door the instant they went into my suitcase: I planned to offer them to "M," and if she didn't want them, then leave them at my parents' for the Vietnam Vets drop. "M" declined.

Why did I offer these to "M"? Because I thought she might want some clothing that I deemed to be of the limited style?  (Ack, I've been re-watching my BtVS DVDs -- I don't have TV, but I'm not too high and mighty for some seriously good pop culture.    It's tempting me to talk like Joss Whedon jailbait.)

Aaargh.

Bonus: Someone actually will like these. Right?

4 comments:

  1. I will always be a capri-cious girl. Style-schmyle. Whenever I see what the au courant "look" is I gag and crawl back into my...capris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look stylish and elegant!

    I could have articulated this differently...the capris are a bit of my own personal fashion rut.

    I've been loving The Uniform Project (on our list of kindred spirits), which is a group of young women who have decided to wear the same thing for a month for charity, while using accessories and other items to have a wardrobe from one dress. The original woman wore the same versatile dress for a year!

    I've been thinking a lot about this as I pare down the contents of my closet, one thing at a time...what's the minimum I can own (store, maintain, etc.) to bridge between all of the parts of my life?

    Paisley capris definitely do not fit into this picture!

    Thanks, "S" for stopping in. We'll be looking for news of the Two Buck or I Chuck tag sale...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess my uniform is actually my levis (shrink-to-fit) - feels good to snuggle into them on these cooler mornings. Tag sale is this saturday--shall I document it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do!!! Can't wait to hear about this festival of things being released off into the universe.

    ReplyDelete