Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Am Runneth Over -- With Cups

What:   Melamine Cups.
Origin:   Tag sale awesomeness.   (For "M" and friends, that's what we call garage sales out here in the East.)
Usage/How Long Kept:   Aargh.   I'm guessing that I got these in the 90s.   But it could have been the late 80s.   (Can I say it again?  Aargh!)
Why kept:   Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   And, what I think is for my first deployment of S/PDX's status, They're Cool and Vintage.
Destination:  Housing Works.

Confession:   They may be cool and vintage, but you can't even give them away on eBay -- I checked this about a year ago when I cleaned them out of a cabinet, and again before attempting to Freecycle them Mother's Day weekend.   I got only one response, from someone who wanted me to send a photo:   I deemed her to be too high maintenance, and a possible source of Freecycle Drama, and went with donation as the lower energy option.

Confession, cont:  I had the notion of making them into cute crafty pincushions stuck in my head until they were gone.   Proof positive that I'm reading too many craft magazines.  

(And before they went, I reasoned that if I ever actually wanted to do this, I could buy them from an eBay seller pretty much any time.)

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I thought EBAY!!!!! Good job for getting rid of them. They probably would have gone at the garage sale this past weekend

    ReplyDelete