Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tissue Sample


Tissue Sample
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Travel packs of tissue.
Origin: Travel, sniffles.
How long kept: I found one in a backpack that probably dates back to the late 90s. The other, questionable.  
Why kept: I might be really sorry at the end of secret favorite TV series 24, and shed a tear: They Might Be Useful.  Both were sitting on a shelf in my medicine cabinet, so also Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination: I'm using them up, today. Will recycle the containers with plastic bags.

Confession/Rumination: Why do these ever seem like a good idea? Am I not organized enough to pack some tissues, or a hankie, in my purse or pack? They always look kind of yucky and beat up. One of them only had one tissue remaining. Aargh! They generate extra plastic trash to contain a mere 10 tissues. All in all, not that green.

Confession/Defense: I'm not a regular purchaser/user. What happens: when I do pick one up while traveling, I don't use it up. (Kind of what we've been talking about with shampoo and toothpaste...save that last little bit because you Might Need It!)

Confession/This Can't Possibly Be Right:  One of the packages is marked with several copyright dates, the last one is 1995.   The other, 1987!   (Ack.)

No comments:

Post a Comment