Sunday, May 30, 2010

This Bag's In The Bag

What:  A fabric bag meant for straining food, now pretty much worn out.
Origin:  A German friend brought this back from Europe and gave it to me, probably in 2002, for making almond milk.   (Yum, homemade almond milk is awesome.)
Usage/last used:   Frequently, until I deemed it past its useful life, probably several years ago.
Why kept:   Of course, Might Need It.   It Might Be Useful.
Destination:  Textile recycling.

Confession:   I have deemed one item that I'm allowed to keep in the house once it's been "blogged":  items destined for textile recycling.   I currently have to take myself up to Union Square Greenmarket to do this, and there are only a couple of days a week that they accept textiles   (I think my building is going to implement it soon, though.)

Confession, part deux:   Anyone else notice that one signal of something that must go is that you move it around a lot?   This has been in a kitchen cabinet for an age.  This was a very thick cheesecloth that I couldn't find anywhere here.   But quite some time back I discovered a great and readily available substitute, smaller bags meant for straining jelly.   Why I had to keep this?   I can only say, Aaargh.

Confession, cont:  I didn't post yesterday.   This might be my first miss.  Oh well.  I'm working on a professional certification test (take home) this weekend, and I was focused on getting that in good shape.   Sometimes, something has to give.    The good news is that when I'm done with the test, I'll have a bunch of obsolete notes from old courses to "blog."   (I actually did scrap some extraneous stuff yesterday.   Sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment