Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No Longer Referenceable

What:  A 20 year old copy of Our Bodies Ourselves (part of a stack of books I no longer need to own.)
Origin:   Desire to read about healthy living, a la feminista.
Last used:   Not in this century!
Why kept:  Along with other books on my shelves, they've become part of the furniture -- I look at them every day, but don't really see them.   Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination:  Housing Works.

Confession:   This is actually going to get dropped off tomorrow.   I just didn't get it together today.

Confession, part deux:   There's some historical hilarity in looking at obsolete reference books, and I thought about keeping this for my now 2 month old niece to pore over.   Thankfully that impulse passed by.  

I kept my old Miss Manners books.   Good etiquette never goes out of style, thus I Might Need Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment