Monday, May 24, 2010

It's A Fine Romance (Language), But It's Over

What:  Cassette language lesson tapes.
Origin:  French might have been a refresher before "M", Mom and I went to France in, uh, 1993?   Spanish, a trip to Mexico in 2001.   (See confession.)
Usage:  Not since 1993/2001.   Aargh!
Why kept:  I might need to parlez a little bit of espanol.   Thus, They Might Be Useful; I Might Need Them.
Destination:  Housing Works.

Confession:  I have a sneaking feeling that the Spanish tapes might have belonged to a bschool friend.   And the French tapes?   I was once pretty conversant in French.   In fact, I passed out of a year of French in college based on a written test, per my undergraduate institution this was considered fluent.   And I'll admit, I could still read all of the signs.   The tapes didn't make me feel any less tongue-tied in the face of the actual Parisians.

Confession, part deux:   You may have noticed a lot of things heading out the door to Housing Works...I was out of town for a conference, and I took them over in one garbage bag before I left.   Go ahead, call me a cheater.

Cassettes.   Aargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment