Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This Can't Be Jarring

What: A Good Jar.
Origin:   Pickle consumption.
How long kept:  The pickles, ugh, they were in my refrigerator for a very long time.   Not 5 years, but not 5 months.   I composted them quite some time ago.  
Why kept:   I'm re-using jars to replace tupperware, for example to store rice.   It Might Be Useful.   But I couldn't get the pickle scent out of the jar -- well, actually it was the cover.   See confession.
Destination:  Recycling.

Confession:  I tried everything.  I ran it through the dishwasher umpteen times.  I threw some baking soda in the jar and left it there for a few days -- twice, once with the jar upside down (and baking soda thus in the lid.)   Followed by yet another ride through the dishwasher.   No dice.

Too high maintenance, off to the compactor room.

No comments:

Post a Comment