Monday, May 3, 2010

Put a Stake in This Snake


Put a Stake in This Snake
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: One of those plastic snaky things intended to neatly store your cordage.
Origin: Dust aversion, desire for cleaning efficiency.
How long kept: Hmmm (scratches chin.) However long I've had it, I removed it when I dumped Time Warner Cable. (Or rather, they dumped me.) So about a month past it's marginally useful life.
Why kept: It Might Be Useful. See confession.
Destination: Trash. Sadly, this sort of plastic is not recyclable in NYC.

Confession: It seems like a good idea. But these things don't really work, do they? There was dust on the surface of this thing (my own fault, how often do I move the entertainment unit anyways?) and on the cords inside. Attempts to vacuum or dust the snake serve only to knock the cords out of the darn thing; and whenever I moved it, the connections from the individual cords back to the various electronic devices seemed terribly tenuous.  

Verdict:   too high maintenance.

Sayonara, snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment