Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bag This


What: Yoga students will recognize these as "eye bags".   For the uninitiated, they're silk bags filled with flax seeds.   When placed across the eyes, this little bit of weight can release a lot of holding from tension.
Origin:   I'm pretty sure that this is the last leftover from a business I helped to run in the early 00s.  
How long kept/Usage:  Since we closed the business in late 2004, and not at all.   (Though I actually had more, which I gave away to some students in 2006 or so. 
Why kept:   Storage Boxes Are Evil.   I had these in a small storage box with other yoga-related supplies.   So they were Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination:   Donated, dropped off at a place where I teach.

Confession:  One reason these survived earlier purges was because they're so small.   The box I had them in was not much larger than a shoebox.   Unlike other larger and less seemingly useful items from this business that I wound up with.   Storage Boxes Are Truly Evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment