Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Artful Dodger

What:  Art book.
Origin:   The book was written by an acquaintance, a friend of a then-close friend.
How long kept:  Probably 15 years.
Why kept:  Mostly Out of Sight, Out of Mind, in plain sight on my bookshelf.   The book is also gorgeous, and on a topic of growing interest.   See confession.
Destination:   Housing Works.

Confession:   When examining this book, I realized that I felt a bit bossed into buying it.   Nostalgia, and not the good kind.   I confess that I listed this first edition book on Amazon to see if it might sell.   (Like another one that surprised me.)   But it didn't.

(Which reminds me, I'd better make sure I took that listing down.   D'oh.)

That said, I'll have no Housing Works guilt about this book.   They have a gorgeous store over on Crosby, and I imagine that this book might land there, rather than joining the popular fiction on sale at my local shop.   And someone will definitely enjoy this book.

I'll enjoy it being gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment