Saturday, August 7, 2010

Purge-atory

(heh heh, I'm cracking myself up)

What:  A variety of things that came out of the closet -- from a pair of jeans that, while mended, are too disreputable to even be worn to the laundry room, to some grippy foam stripped off of wire hangers from the dry cleaners.   See confession.
How long kept:  The oldest item is probably a torn nylon suit bag that came home on a 90s department store purchase.
Last used:  I've worn those jeans to the laundry room in the not too distant past.
Why kept:  Mostly Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   But there's a small amount of It Might Be Useful, and a frisson of Sticky.
Destination:  Textile recycling.

Confession:  There was an old favorite black turtleneck that had frayed and torn at the seams.   I haven't fixed it in several years, and I'm not going to...in the meantime, I've collected multiple newer and nicer black turtlenecks.   There was a holey wool Jean Paul Gaultier t-shirt I picked up at the Bitch & Swap, thinking I'd practice silk ribbon embroidery on it.   Uh Uh.   Buh Bye, Good Crafting Intentions Gone Bad.

Confession, continued:  Those grippy foam things?   When I strafed the closet early this week, I found that one charcoal-colored thingie was disintegrating...leaving behind what seemed like an infinite number of shards of disintegrating grippy foam.  When touched, it turned into a sooty, oily powder that required significant elbow grease to even vacuum up.  Eew.

No grippy foam on my wire hangers!

Confession, part 3:  There's more yet to come out of the closet.   Aargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment