Saturday, August 21, 2010

Because I Like It



I was talking to my mom yesterday about why we keep stuff, and she raised the reason, "Because I Like It."

Good point.

Lisa from Cheap Bohemian recently posted about something she kept.   She really gets to a point at the heart of our project -- to release ourselves from the bondage of stuff we don't want or need, in order to really enjoy the stuff we enjoy.  

(A problem of privilege, I totally get it.   And there's more to be said on that.)

"Because I Like It" is not one of our reasons here, because we're keeping stuff we like.   (I will say that so far, I've had only one or two pangs of not-even regret about stuff that is gone.)

And I'll also say, "Go, Lisa!"

(And, how much do I heart flickr?  Photo:  Water Joy, by PeterJot used under Creative Commons License.  Thanks, Piotr.)

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that I have you and cheapbohemian as my only 2 blogs that I check into pretty religiously. You keep me sane. I started blasting thru the garage today to start prepping for my tag sale: Two Bucks or I Chuck. Aiming for the weekend of Sept. 18, which happens to be Yom Kippur. Or possibly Oct. 2. Will keep you posted. Hey--you need a theme song. "Please Release Me"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, "S". We could probably have a playlist of theme songs! That's a great start.

    And if you're staying sane, kudos. That makes one of us. Heh.

    ReplyDelete