Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Case Closed (Karmically)


Case Closed (Karmically)
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What:  Cute little bags, could be used as cosmetic cases, or containers for other stuff you might stash in a gigantic purse.
Origin: Desire to help a friend, see confession.
How long kept: Since August, 2004.
Usage: Not at all.
Why kept: Both the friend, and the bags, were Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination: Back to my friend.

Confession: My friend bought these bags in India from Tibetan craftspeople when she was experimenting with an import business; she had them left over from the holiday season.   I offered to see if we could sell them in the business I helped to run.

When we closed the business the 2004, a bunch of the stuff came to my house. Over the years, I've gotten rid of everything. Or so I (usually) thought...a bag of these little unsold bags floated to the top every so often.

Around the time we closed the business, my friend and I fell out of touch -- she turned up again earlier this year, and we've been in sporadic touch.

These bags were in a now-empty storage box. (Storage Boxes are Evil.) They turned up during my recent urge to purge the closet...and surprise, I was scheduled to meet with my friend this week!

Confession, cont: Aaargh, we hadn't paid her for the bags we had sold. I also brought a check! (And while I offered to buy the bags that surfaced, she seemed pleased to take them back.)

Confession, part trois:   We had to estimate what I should pay her.  I had dug around on my computer for a spreadsheet I put together back in the day...it was probably on the computer I blogged!

2 comments:

  1. You'll see why I'm laughing in just a few minutes when I finish my post. I took the photo around 5 PM HAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had that happen more than once, Princess! And with "S", too. Not only do we all have the same stuff...we all seem to be getting rid of the same stuff.

    ReplyDelete