Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pint-Sized Times Nine

What: A bunch of glasses.   7 or 8 classic pint glasses, and another couple of odd leftover drinking glasses.
Origin: A girl's gotta drink!
How long kept:  One of the leftovers dated back to my first apartment, 1984.   I amassed the pint glasses in the late 80s after moving to NYC, buying many of them at the original Fishs Eddy over on Hudson Street for a buck fifty.
Why kept:   They Were Perfectly Good!   As previously noted, a girl's gotta drink, and I used them every day.   Thus They Might Be Useful; I Might Need Them.   And a tiny little bit of Nostalgia.   (The good kind, but I'm not exactly sure why glassware would evoke this:  Sticky!)
Destination:  Housing Works.

Confession:   While these glasses are Perfectly Good, in terms of utility, they are looking a little beat up.   Nothing truly terrible, but they are showing some wear.

Funny thing, I didn't notice this until I decided that I would prefer some more age appropriate, gender appropriate drinkware.   (I woke up one recent day feeling like only a frat boy should be drinking from the pint glasses I've used for a zillion years.)

Should I feel guilt for giving them to Housing Works?   Are they good enough for Housing Works to sell?   Should I have tried to Freecycle them?  What happens to things that aren't good enough for Housing Works to sell?


Aargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment