Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rat-agonia


Rat-agonia
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: An extremely ratty Patagonia turtleneck.
Origin: Mountain trip hiking/layering gear.
How long kept: Since 1999...but it's been truly gnarly probably since 2002 or so.
Usage: I actually just wore it when I learned how to kayak a couple of weekends ago. See confession.
Why kept: Nostalgia (it hiked up to 17,000+ feet with me on a couple of special trips). And you can layer with disreputable clothing, so It Might Be Useful.
Destination: Patagonia actually recycles these into new outdoor clothing. Very cool. You drop it in the bin at the Patagonia store, and there's one not too far from my place.

Confession: I had this in the pile, but pulled it out to wear as sun protection on the kayaking adventure. It rocked, but it had gotten to the point that, beyond the gnarlyness, it was kind of shiny.

Aargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment