Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nuke This


Nuke This
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Several old cookbooks.
Origin: Various, at least one came with the microwave. Others were Gifts From Mom.
How long kept/Last Used: Well north of 25 years. And some were last used, um, never. Others, in the 80s. See confession.
Why kept: Because I might make that revolting stuffed pork roll thing. In my microwave. If only I weren't a wanna-be vegan, I Might Need It!
Destination: Housing Works and recycling. See confession.

Confession: There's one cookbook in here that I loved, which Mom definitely gave to me, a Bon Appetit cookbook, Quick and Easy Meals. There's a calzone recipe torn from the Sunday Chicago Tribune dated August 18, 1985. My guess is that this is around the date I would have last used this one.

Aargh.

While the books off to Housing Works are truly gone (I dropped them on my way to get lunch), this one, which is falling apart beyond any notion of repair, is still sitting on the credenza in my front hall, waiting to be recycled. Sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment