Thursday, August 19, 2010

For The Absolut Collector -- Absolut-ly Not Me

What:  An Absolut Vodka promotion, a knitted cover for an Absolut vodka bottle, designed by Cynthia Rowley, never opened and still in its original package.
Origin:  Home delivery of the NY Times in December, 2001.
Why kept:  While bizarre, I thought it was kind of cool.   And at that time, I wasn't really processing much...I stuck it neatly on a bookshelf, with the vague thought that someday, someone might want it.   It Might Be Useful?   And definitely Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination:  eBay, via "M", see confession.

Confession:   I found this on the bookshelf due to this project, in one of my periodic book purges.  I googled it, not realizing that there is a universe of people who collect the Absolut promos.   It turns out that there is quite a trade in these items, some of which are selling for hundreds of dollars.

Gulp.  It Might Be Worth Something, If I Could Find A Buyer!   "M"s the eBay maven, and she posted it the other day.  (We have 23 watchers and requests coming in from Europe.   I'm not making this up.)

It has already left my house, though...as I'm going to be out of town when the auction ends, it's en route to "M" via USPS priority mail (insured), along with another Absolut holiday promo from another year.     (We'll post that one later!)

August 21 Update:  Bidding is heating up

No comments:

Post a Comment