Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Freecycle Strategy

What:  Book.   (Along with the almost last bag from the shopping bag stash.)
Origin:  It's a prior book club selection.
How long kept:   Since we read this, late last summer?  Or last fall.
Why kept:  When I organized my book shelves, this was one of the book club books I decided to keep.    So, kind of Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   And I might re-read it, so It Might Be Useful.
Destination:  Freecycle.

New strategy:   I don't usually troll the NYC Freecycle group, but decided to look at it last night.   There was a "wanted" post specifically requesting this book, and I thought, hmmm, and decided to respond.

Well, it's gone!   Thanks, Robyn.   Freecycle-friction free!

And I'm going back in my mind over other extras I've got, for example yoga mats.   I've seen posts for those.  

In the past, I've limited my Freecycle activity to making "offer" posts, with reasonably good success.   Responding to a "wanted" post seemed to go much more smoothly than making an offer.   So I'm definitely going to experiment with checking Freecycle once a week or so for "wanted" posts matching my extras.  

(Stay tuned for analysis on whether there's less Freecycle Drama on this side of the transaction!)

Bonus:  I only have one shopping bag left.   Even the ancient Duane Reade shopping bag that used to contain the stash?   Gone.    Shopping bag-arama!  

No comments:

Post a Comment