Monday, August 23, 2010

Cue Sound Effects (Psycho)

What:  Chef's knife.
Origin:  Purchased back in the day.   Yes, at one point I actually entertained the idea of actually learning to cook.   (An idea that I've recently taken up again, for the moment only in my mind.)
How long kept/usage:  This knife was supplanted by an upgrade, a gift from my mom.   I haven't used this one in a while, other than to move it around in my kitchen drawer.
Why kept:   It Might Be Useful!   I Might Need It!   And of course, It's Perfectly Good.
Destination:  Housing Works.

Confession:  I have a very nice memory of buying this knife in the summer of 1984, shortly after moving into my first apartment.   For some reason, I was shopping with a boy I had gone to college with, "D."   Nice guy, but we were never close, so I have no idea why we would have made a trip together to the Crate and Barrel on the North Side of Chicago.  (Maybe we were both moving into apartments?   I had a car, so might have offered him a ride.)   I remember trying several knives to see which one was comfortable to use.   All joking about my cooking skills aside, this knife saw some good use, and hopefully will be useful to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment