Saturday, August 21, 2010

Skirting the Issue


Skirting the Issuew
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Sweet sari-inspired silk wrap skirt.
Origin: Bitch & Swap. (Should Have Said No.)
How long kept/usage: Almost a year; never worn.
Why kept: Good Crafting Intentions Gone Bad. See Confession.
Destination: Vietnam Vets clothing donation.

Confession: I took this brand-new, never-worn, undamaged skirt from the Bitch & Swap because I liked the fabric, and because of its construction -- essentially two long rectangles of fabric sewn together. My intention was to use sewing magic to remix it into something new. Since then, I've pulled it out of the stash several times, "auditioning" it for various projects, and coming quite close recently: I had it on the cutting board with the rotary cutter inches from the fabric. And when I realized that I didn't really like the color for this project, I also realized that I didn't want to cut up this skirt. After all, It's Perfectly Good.

Confession, part deux: I'm traveling for a bit, so some of what you see will be "real time" releases, others are in fact already gone, "banked" for vacation time!  (An acceptable transgression of The Rules.) So on my way out the door, I actually stuck this skirt in my suitcase, and it will be released in a location that is not lower Manhattan!


No comments:

Post a Comment