Friday, March 5, 2010

Bring out your dead (jewelry)

What: old gold and silver jewelry
Why kept: might be work something, out of sight, it was a gift from x, y and z
Last used: some of the silver was so tarnished, I'm guessing 20 years. Some even from boyfriends in high school YIKES!
Destination: these places that buy you gold for cash (well a check anyway) have been popping up all over the place. So I dug through my old jewelry and took it to one. I got about $59.44 for it. I'm sure it was worth double that but it's out of my house. Yay! The earrings that were worth more will be listed on e-bay this weekend if I have the time

One strange thing happened after I left the place, I started to get a pounder of a headache. I think it was from handling the bad chi jewelry. Or maybe it was the fumes from the glue and new cheap carpeting in the place. Or perhaps it was from the other people's bad chi jewelry. Anyway. Good riddance to old and broken jewelry that I was never going to wear again!

1 comment:

  1. Buh bye! Way to go, Princess. (Hope you kept your tiara.)

    ReplyDelete