Friday, March 12, 2010

Tea'd Out, Not Teed Off


Tea'd Out, Not Teed Off
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Unitasking tea implements
Origin: Gifts from X
Usage: Some, particularly the single serving strainer cup.
Last used: 2003?
Why kept: Nostalgia; Out of Sight, Out of Mind; and I Might Need Them.   (And my tea needs will be well served by a very nice teapot with a built in strainer that some of my students gave to me for Christmas a few years ago; I'll hold onto that one!)
Destination: Housing Works.

These surfaced the other day, when a bottle of molasses apparently got knocked askew in my cupboard, apparently it wasn't totally sealed shut, and a thin stream of molasses started a slow drip down the back of the cabinet wall.  Whadda mess.

Good news: I don't have bugs -- this sticky mess would have been quite a trap. And also, the molasses? Last used 3 Christmases ago for a spectacular failure in gingerbread person technology: expired. (Note to self, can molasses ever actually expire?)

Everything had to come out of the cupboard. I resolved that everything would not go back in. Also dispatched: some loose chai tea, circa 2003.

Aaargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment