Thursday, March 18, 2010

Guest Post: She's leafing home, bye bye...

"and on to the town dump/mulch pile. These bags could conceivably hang out indefinitely, but sooner or later the elements get to them. Or I do. The one on the right has been deconstructed by squirrels--while in my garage all winter! Do they think I stash peanuts in there? Don't they know all they have to do is come up to the back door and there's a jar waiting for them? (Well, one or two of them do...they brazenly hang off the door handle with my cats just 3 inches away, behind glass. Nyah, nyah, say the squirrels. I can never tell if they are incredibly smart, or incredibly dumb. Definitely ADD). Well, 6 bags later, the car is empty, and there will be more, oh yeah!"

(whew, says "A", thank goodness I don't have a garage.)

3 comments:

  1. The garage...the attic...the basement...oh, I can spin this decluttering endeavor into years! The fact that I moved out of the house and into the yard was quite a rush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I've still got plenty to go in my closets and bookshelves. (And now, I'm daydreaming about the kitchen cabinets that hold my dishes and glassware...)

    One thing at a time. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you get to my stage of life, you just naturally have 3, 2, or 1 of anything that was ever a set of 4, 6, or 8...tho in my case, getting rid of the broken china/glassware was the "sticky" part! I have mosaic projects in the garage...oy vey!

    ReplyDelete