Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Trashman Cometh

What:  More e-waste remnants.
Usage:   Uh, Aaaargh.  Other than the CD cases, I don't even know what they are.
How long kept:   Probably this entire century.
Why kept:   Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   And Aaaargh.
Destination:  Garbage.

Confession:  The good news:   the tops of my closets are emptying out.  I actually have empty storage boxes.   Though Storage Boxes are Evil...they'll be the last to go, after they've watched everything else go before them.   (Remember how the Wicked Witch of the West shrieked when she threatened Dorothy with a similar end?)  

I wanted to put an empty storage box on top of a full one, which contains my toe shoes and other sort of legitimate-ish nostalgia.  (The apex of my ballet "career" lasted not even a fouette; I very quickly decided that it was flipping insane to stand on one's toes.  Sigh, I'm guessing that there is stuff that can be released in that box...later.)   A shoebox was sitting on top of the box.   Contents:  Sony Walkman and 3 sets of headphones; a hand held cassette recorder; and, a World O'Cords.    Aaargh. 

I do have a small shopping bag in my closet filled with small e-waste items.   They'll have to go on March 28th, at the Lower East Side Ecology Center's next e-waste drop off day in Union Square.   (If I'm in town!)

No comments:

Post a Comment