Friday, March 26, 2010

Clothes The Door On This Stuff

What: Clothing in various states of irreparable disrepair.
Origin: Various -- from gifts, to thrifts, to the "bitch & swap" party my girlfriends hold.
How Long Kept: Oldest item is a pair of capri pants that I picked up in my thrift-store-clothing days of the 80s.
Why kept: In the case of the favorite worn out clothes, like that T-shirt on the top of the pile (a gift from "M") I might wear them around the house, and thus They Might Be Useful.  Or, Out Of Sight, Out of Mind. Others, I Might Fix them and wear them again. Or, I might make them into a stuffed animal or puppet for a nephew or niece (Good Crafting Intentions Gone Bad).  
Destination: Textile recycling at Union Square Market.

Confession: These are in a bag, ready to go, early Saturday morning.

Confession, cont: I cut the buttons off of one of the shirts. (They were fancy buttons, and the shirt was damaged.)

No comments:

Post a Comment