Friday, March 12, 2010

diabetes no more!!


diabetes no more!!
Originally uploaded by DeClutter
What: Gestational Diabetes folder. It contained diet and nutritional information along with glucose level tracking spreadsheets and food diary templates (I used the computer for the spreadsheet and a cool notebook for my food diary)
Why kept: might be useful (I scanned the diet/nutritional guidelines) and out of sight. Also it was a little sticky.
Last used: I referenced it just last week for what my blood glucose level should be after a fast. Before that, late Fall
Destination: recycle

I'm a lucky one. My diabetes disappeared after having the baby. Having diabetes for even a few months really hit me. I learned volumes about nutrition. I believe this is why I weigh less than I did prepregnancy! It touched me so much that I'm a volunteer on a committee for an ADA event. With diabetes, you can do everything by the book and eat the same exact thing every day and your blood sugar numbers can vary. It's really a nasty disease. Tuesday, March 23 is American Diabetes Association Alert Day (SM). Please have your doctor screen you at your next check-up!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment