Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shreds-idue

What:   Remains of the records of a small business investment I made back in the 90s.
Usage:  Not since the 90s.
Why kept:   The company went out of business, a victim of the dot-com bust -- though they weren't a dot-com company, everyone that delivered services through technology got pummeled.   They ran out of money and the company was never formally dissolved.   I always worried that something could come up about this, and I Might Need It.   Also, a little bit Out of Sight Out of Mind.
How Long Kept:  1999
Destination:   Shredder.   Binder, basically brand new, is going to a school in Afghanistan.

Confession:   I had this on deck, but needed to confirm with the ex-CEO that it was ok to destroy.   Got this assurance on Sunday...came back from my trip on Tuesday ready to shred this.   And whacked by the flu.   Thus, I'm backdating this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment