Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Raisin' Aargh

What:  About a quarter cup of dessicated raisins.
Origin:  Oatmeal embellishment-y wishes.
Usage/How Long Kept:   Aargh.   I'm pretty sure they're from this century.
Why kept:  They were in a set of chrome canisters that I had used to store several food items.   (Including some lentils, some black beans, and some basmati rice.   Aaargh, I just bought some basmati rice!)  Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   Storage Boxes Are Evil.
Destination:  I put them into a half-cup of water and stuck them into the fridge.  If they seem at all edible tomorrow morning, destination = oatmeal.   Otherwise, destination = compost.

Confession:   Those aren't my raisins in the photo.   Mine were so gnarly looking that I couldn't go through with the photo.   This one is called "A cuppa' raisins", and it's courtesy of flickr's Larry Page, used under Creative Commons license.

Bonus:  I've removed the other aforementioned food items out of the chrome containers, which I think I'll use for some kitchen tools that I use often, but not daily (like a potato peeler).

No comments:

Post a Comment