Friday, March 5, 2010

It's In The Bag!


It's In The Bag!
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Yet another tote.
Origin: Nice story, I teach yoga to some remarkable people. We borrowed some mats from Lululemon for a special workshop. When I went into the Soho store to talk with them about it, they offered me mats for my regular students, and I left with two of these bags filled with mats. Thanks!
How long kept: Since December, 2008.
Why Kept: It Might Be Useful. I Might Need It. I had a hook in my closet with a tote bag that held all of my...empty tote bags, so Out of Sight, Out of Mind. Aargh.
Destination: I used one of them to carry stuff to quilting class about a year ago.  One of the women class loved the positive messages written on it, so I gave one of them to her...should have given them both to her. This one's coming to class tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Well, "A," your tote bags are so much classier than mine! And I find it next-to-impossible to get rid of them. "I might need it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't take credit, these classy bags came from Lululemon. I'm not a particular fan of Lulu's stuff (or some of the cultish devotion to it); it's really expensive, and face it, unlike climbing or winter camping, you don't really need "performance technology" yoga wear.

    That said, the people from the store were very dedicated to helping out in the community by loaning us the mats for the special workshop.

    (And the unsolicited gift for my students was really lovely.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd seen these around, and also hold reservations against Lululemon (going back to a bogus organic cotton claim, as I recall). But mainly because I am such a reverse snob. However, kudos that they give to the community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's kind of a sign of yoga's current place in the US consciousness that we think that yoga gear is important.

    (And clearly, we do, since it is a multi-billion dollar industry.)

    This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete