Saturday, March 20, 2010

Going To School


Going To School
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Unused (and some extremely gently used) office supplies.
Origin: Various organizational seizures.
Usage: Some, not at all -- still new in their packages. Others, not much: a binder that sat in a box for 10 years.
How long kept: Most, from the early part of this century. Some from the 1990's, see confession.
Why kept: As noted previously, binders serve as a sort of storage box for me. Storage Boxes are Evil. The new/unopened supplies, well I Might Need Them; They Might Be Useful!
Destination: Primary schools for girls and boys Afghanistan.

Confession: I previously blogged the binder. How many packages of unopened index cards does a girl need?   Not multiple, or even several! A really cool spiral bound notebook (circa 1990?) has divided pages -- lines on half of the page, and blank space on the other half.  I found two of these, one not even half used for some knitting/crafting projects of that era, the other brand new.  (Only the brand new notebook is on its way to the kids.)

One element of this project that we haven't really addressed -- what about the money I spent on all of this stuff?   Some of it, not an issue -- if I buy something and use it well, I can hardly regret what I spent.   But the things that just sat there?  (The really cool spiral binder, good thing I paid $5.85 for it in 1990, only to have it move from shelf to shelf, with possible interim stops in a box, for 20 years.)

Aaargh!

Confession (cont): I kept one unopened package of index cards. I Might Need Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment