Sunday, April 4, 2010

The End Of Lentils


The End Of Lentils
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Some aged red lentils.
Origin: An infrequent cooking impulse.
Usage/how long kept: I did make something from some of these. In 2004? 2005? See confession.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind. I Might find someone to give them to, and thus They Might Be Useful.
Destination: Compost.

Confession: I can't remember exactly what i made from these, but it was somewhat bland. And yech, the color of these lentils...a modicum of good taste prevents me from committing my description of the dish to print. It did not look appetizing.

I've had them out on the counter for a few weeks, as a reminder that they must be dispatched. After reasoning that I wouldn't eat these myself -- due to their age -- reasoned that I wouldn't wish them on anyone else, either.

Guilt! Aargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment