Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm Matchless (Almost)


I'm Matchless (Almost)
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Matchbooks
Origin: Mostly Nostalgia.
How Long Kept: I've got some from defunct restaurants...it looks like the oldest are from a trip to China in 1994. (Or was it 95?)
Usage: Rare.
Why Kept: Out Of Sight, Out of Mind (kind of, they were in a soup bowl in a kitchen cabinet). I might need to light a candle (or the gas stove, in the event of a blackout) -- or maybe I'll start smoking, and thus I Might Need Them. They Might Be Useful. And They are Perfectly Good, too. And the aforementioned Nostalgia.
Destination: Matchbooks to recycling. I'm going to check around to find out if there's a suggested way to get rid of the matches, other than garbage. (I'll probably give them to one of the guys who works in the building, to make sure they can be tossed someplace safe.)

Confession: Dashing out for a long day. Matchbooks, boxes will go first. The matches will probably go tomorrow.

Confession, part deux: I saved a few books. I actually Might Need Them. But also, Nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment