Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Knitting, My Brow At Least

What:   Probably 20 or so knitting magazines.  (In my enthusiasm, I sealed them into packages before counting.)
Origin:  Former knitting habit, which was accompanied by an even bigger habit of reading about knitting.
How long kept:  The oldest ones were from the early 1990s.   Newer magazines were from around 2005.
Why kept:  I might decide to knit something, and of course They Might Be Useful.   Because they sat on a shelf neatly and all together, they were more or less Out of Sight, Out of Mind.  And a teeny bit of Nostalgia.
Destination:   The Carter Burden Center for Aging has a program called Making Art Work, and two of the great women I know from the quilt shop work there.   I asked if they Might Be Useful, and was told that they would!

Confession:  Two magazines, on top of that box?  I'm keeping them.   The top one is from 1992.   (It has a sweater pattern I've used.   I swear, it's classic.)

Confession, part deux:   I may knit again, I have a newborn niece -- and some crochet is definitely in the picture.

Bonus:   This package fit perfectly into one of the tote bags I'm keeping, a nice one that "M" and her family gave to me for Christmas.   I only have one or two more that must be purged.  (That said, I have two conferences to attend this spring.  Sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment