Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Feeling flakey


Feeling flakey
Originally uploaded by DeClutter
What: cute earrings that are disintegrating
Last used: last century
Why kept: they were a gift from Dad
Destination: the circular file

I have some mild guilt for tossing these but they are all a-crumbling

I have more guilt because I feel the need to blog something larger than earrings. That is my goal by the end of the week to blog something more substantial than earrings
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

  1. Princess, the earrings are "enough"!

    One premise of this experiment is that all we have to do is practice every day to make something into a habit. The earrings count as practice!

    And you're teaching your kids to practice, thus breaking our WWII generated habit of saving things! I'm convinced that wartime rationing and an inability to get everyday things are the reason that our parents and grandparents save(d) stuff. Someone really might need it, and there was no way of getting it unless someone already had it, or could make it.

    I remember Grandma "L" commenting/complaining, probably in the late 1970s, that she had no place to donate her bacon grease...she said that the "poor people" didn't take it any more. I remember countless friends' grandmas who had saved giant balls of string from packages, etc. (Heckfire, I think I have some saved string, in my tool box!)

    ReplyDelete