Saturday, April 17, 2010

This Baggage Does Not Compute

Not in my closet, at least!

What: Two laptop cases.
Origin: One, new job excitement. The other, grad school reunion swag.
How long kept: Reunion was in 2005. (And the new job was also circa 2005.)
Why kept: I Might Need Them. They Might Be Useful. They're Perfectly Good. And Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination: Housing Works

Confession: These bags have been hanging on a hook in my closet for years. The reunion item is completely unused. The other one, I only used once. It was clearly designed by a man who has never traveled with a laptop -- it only opened at the top, kind of like a ziplock bag. Not user-friendly, if cute; not useful.

And the reunion item, I don't carry or wear much rah-rah school stuff at my age. And, uh, snarky note to the swag purchase committee, the fancier Land's End bags might actually wind up being useful and a bit more brand consistent! This one, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment