Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Read The News Today -- Not

What: Local Papers from a favorite spot.
Origin: Gift from Mom, desire to stay informed.
Usage/How Long Kept: I had a stack of these dating back to February, 2010, which I'm still going through.
Why Kept: They're Perfectly Good. I need to read them.
Destination: The papers in the photo are padding for the last package of items I've got at home for school kids in Afghanistan.  (The rest will be recycled, once read.)

Confession:   We've been sending supplies to girls and boys schools in Afghanistan, and someone donated a Backgammon board game;  the size of the game box was off just enough that I couldn't find the right mailing box.  The sweater I exchanged came back in basic black yesterday, in the perfect box -- bingo.

So this one is kind of a twofer, I've had the backgammon set for about 3 weeks. Hopefully this will be useful, I'm not sure if the kids play backgammon. (If not, maybe the Americans over there who are organizing this whole thing will.)

We also sent kites, which I understand the kids and families absolutely love. Much of the stuff we've sent so far this year is either still en route, or being staged for one big delivery to a remote town...I'm hearing that this may happen later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment