Monday, April 26, 2010

What A Crock!


What A Crock!
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Crock pot, v. 1.0.
Origin: Mom's desire for me to have a hearty meal, circa 1984? (So old that it was made in the USA!)
Usage: Some. But the last time I recall using it was for a party I had in 1998, when a very spicy chili was on the menu.
Why kept: It's Perfectly Good. I Might Need it. And, of course, It Might Be Useful.  (It still works perfectly.)
Destination: Housing Works, in what I think is the last of the b-school branded totes.

Confession: I last thought about using this when a friend told me that she had been making yogurt in her crock pot some time last year.   But I recently learned how to make yogurt using nothing more complicated than a stove, thermometer and 1 quart jar.   (I'm in crunchy hippie heaven, even though it's not my demographic.)

Time to let this go. Thanks, Mom, I loved all of the soups and various one pot meals I used to make in this!  (Nostalgia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment