Thursday, April 1, 2010

Start Spreading The News


Start Spreading The News
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: March New Yorker magazines.
Origin: Public radio pledge drive, and desire to be able to say, "Yes," when a more erudite friend (or one who has more time on his or her hands) asks me if I read this or that in the New Yorker/
How long kept: 6 weeks, probably, for the oldest one.
Why kept: Aaargh. I've had a busy month, and had a giant stack of mail.
Destination: A waiting room in a favorite place.

Confession: Did I blog this before? As a bonus, I'll add bonus item from yesterday, "The Story Of Stuff," one day overdue at the NYPL.

Confession, part 2: I returned"The Story Of Stuff" into the drop box. I'll pay the fine the next time I check something out.

Confession part 3:   "The Story of Stuff" probably had a lot of good information. But it was buried in a preachy, far too wordy, self-congratulatory, tome. I couldn't drag myself through it. I started to watch the video on You Tube, and had the same reaction.

Confession/bonus:  In that stack of mail? A check for $27.50 from my laundry company, from a previously blogged stack of obsolete stored value cards used in our laundry facility -- instead of throwing them out, I heaved them into an envelope, and sent them back to the laundry company, with no expectation of any return.  (And I was guessing that if they refused to refund my money, given the amount of time that had passed, maybe I'd be out a few bucks.  Ack.)

Stored value cards are definitely a trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment