Wednesday, December 30, 2009

CocaCola cap (and other bottle caps) recycling

What: bottle caps from Diet Coke bottle tops and a few others
Why kept: coke tops have a code you can enter to get free stuff. Origin: Our other sister, "K" saves them for me and I also save them from my bottles
How long kept: some are from 2008
Why kept: They are worth something, they are sticky because they take some work to get rid of.
Last used: some of the lids were used and "entered" in the last week.
Destination: Aveda will accept and recycle any caps. (http://aveda.aveda.com/aboutaveda/caps.asp) "A" and I took them to their store today. The woman that helped us was very nice and asked that we mention Aveda in our blog post, which we would have done anyway! Save those caps and recycle them!!
Confession: my sister brought a ton more. Next time I will probably mail them to the store for recycling unless I'm coupling it with another trip in that area.

More Confession: You can get some pretty cool stuff from MyCokeRewards :-) Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.... I got a really cool cordless Black and Decker screwdriver for work.

Bonus: the ziplock bag was recycled from Christmas dinner. I washed it and reused it.

Now my next step is to keep on entering a few a day to get them done and out before the next shipment "K"

No comments:

Post a Comment