Wednesday, December 30, 2009

If I Didn't Recycle, This Rust Would Sleep -- With the Fishes!



What:   Cheap soap dispenser (as promised.)
Origin:  I believe I got this at Century 21, living the house beautification dream.
Usage:  A bit, until it became a maintenance problem:  it was rusting inside and out.  (WTH is this actually made of?   Definitely not pure aluminum.)   I cleaned it off a couple of times before exiling it to the back reaches of a bathroom cabinet.
How long kept:  (Scratches head) 2004?   I haven't used it in several years.
Why kept:   I might feel like cleaning it over and over again in some kind of special corner of home maintenance samsara.  Then, It Might be Useful.
Destination:  Pump portion, trash (it's mixed metal and plastic); container, recycling.   (Hopefully whatever's making it rust won't harm the recycled metal stream.)

Confession:   I think I have an identical soap pump.   Somewhere.    Aaaargh.

Bonus:   This was our 100th post!   Between "M", "S" and me, we're already starting out the New Year 100 things lighter!   (It's a lot easier one day at a time, as other more enlightened minds have noticed.)

I hope that the other 4 people following along at home are similarly lightened and enlightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment